Sunday, December 26, 2010

2011 Challenges

So I have entered into two challenges for next year, and I'm really excited!

First, The Women of Fantasy Challenge. A couple of the books were already on my TBR list, and the rest look really interesting. I've been trying to get back into fantasy, as I didn't really read as much of it this year, so this is the perfect opportunity.

Here's the list:
January: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin
February: Elfland by Freda Warrington
March: Prospero Lost by L. Jagi Lamplighter
April: Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest
May: War for the Oaks by Emma Bull
June: The Dark Mirror by Juliet Marillier
July: All the Windwracked Stars by Elizabeth Bear
August: Indigo Springs by A. M. Dellamonica
September: Firebird by Mercedes Lackey
October: Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton
November: The Gaslight Dogs by Karin Lowachee
December: Readers' Choice

The other one is the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die Challenge. I only picked out 6 books so far (which is the bachelor's degree level), since most of the books I picked are classics, and I'll have lots of those to read already for school, so I'll have two months to finish each one.

Here's what I'm planning on reading:
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemmingway
The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment